A fun and tasty way to incorporate beets into your diet is here!!! Beets are no longer just for salad..... and it makes for a great table conversation when your loved ones are eating their fudge! This "fudge" has more a texture of a flourless torte and serves well with coconut whipped cream and fresh raspberries!
Want a tasty alternative to overnight oats?
Today I'm sharing an easy porridge recipe that involves NO COOKING!!! Enjoy!
Coconut Cream Chia Porridge
Serves 4-5 -- Recipe Inspired By Half Baked Harvest
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ can Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Local Honey
- 1/3 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Sliced Banana
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Hemp Seeds
- Almond Butter
- Cocoa Nibs (optional)
In a bowl, stir together almond milk, coconut milk. Honey, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Cover and place in fridge overnight. Scoop porridge mixture into bowl and top with toppings of choice! Toppings shown in picture is sliced bananas, hemp seeds, cherries, almond butter drizzle and coconut flakes! Enjoy!
Ingredients * 1 can Pumpkin Purée
* 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
* 1/2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
* 1 tsp Baking powder
* 3 Eggs + 4 Egg Whites
* 1 cup Oats
* 1 cup Water
Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and blend well!
Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle (or large nonstick skillet) coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Serve warm with dollop of Greek Yogurt, a drizzle of Orange Blossom honey and sprinkled with Two Seed Gingerbread granola or granola of choice.
Need an idea for a tasty dessert to take for to your New Year's Eve celebration, but don't want to spend all day baking? This recipe is the perfect fit for any celebration or a weeknight treat!
It takes minimal effort, but provides maximal enjoyment!!
WHITE CHOCOLATE & CRANBERRY BREAD PUDDING:
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 can Condensed Sweetened Milk
- 1 3/4 cup Hot Water
- 1/4 cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag Dried Cranberries
- 1 Loaf Pepperidge Farm French Bread, Pulled into Bite Size Pieces
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat 3 Eggs in large mixing bowl. Add condensed milk, hot water, butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir well. Add white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Place bread cubes in baking dish and pour egg mixture over bread. Make sure all bread is covered and allow to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick/knife comes out clean.
- Serve warm and garnish with whipped cream or drizzle with caramel!
Hey all, its Therese again with another fall themed recipe. I hope you enjoyed my last recipe, I know I did. Sticking with my orange gourd vegetable theme, I decided to make pumpkin cinnamon cupcakes with whipped cream cheese frosting! I cannot express to you, through this post alone, just how amazing these cupcakes are… you will just have to make it yourself!
I based my whipped cream cheese recipe off of Living Better Together’s whipped cream cheese. I like to make each recipe my own by tweaking the recipe a bit so I added cinnamon to the whipped cream cheese.
After never hearing of their existence, before walking around Walmart, I decided to add cinnamon chips to my cupcake recipe. The rest of the recipe is based off reading around twenty various pumpkin cupcake recipes on Pinterest that were all basically the same ingredients, but to give props to a specific recipe (which really helped in teaching me how to bake the cupcakes): Tracey’s Culinary Adventures brown butter pumpkin cupcakes.
Sticking to the fall theme, I wanted to make a dish that would be great for the season… the season of football. Everyone loves their wings, dips, and beer but what about dessert? Dessert is our ultimate goal anyways… These cupcakes are perfect for tailgating with their festive, football baking cups. I decided to bring these cupcakes to the Alabama-Tennessee game in Knoxville this weekend. However, I taste-tested one with one of my lucky roommates this afternoon and they are MELT IN YOUR MOUTH DELICIOUS- the perfect mixture of salty and sweet.
I also purchased some frilly pink baking cups (mostly so I could take SUPER CUTE pictures) to display how pretty these desserts are! I am saving these cupcakes for our girls’ night in tonight for "TGIT" and red wine.
Pumpkin & Cinnamon Chip Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 15 cupcakes
Pumpkin Cinnamon Cupcakes
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cinnamon chips
- 2 large eggs
Whipped Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line cupcake pan with baking liners
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, pour into bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cinnamon chips.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, brown sugar (be sure to pack down in measuring cup), granulated sugar, eggs, and add the butter. Once well mixed, add the dry ingredients to mix together.
- Divide the batter into the baking cups, inside cupcake pans, fill until about ½ or ¾ full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (be sure to rotate the pans about 10 minutes in)
- Cool the cupcakes before adding the frosting
- Let the cream cheese soften by either setting out while baking cupcakes or soften in microwave (but not me-- I recommend microwaving for 30 seconds)
- Mix the cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar in medium bowl and whisk at medium speed (if you own an electric mixer)
- Add heavy whipping cream and whisk until the frosting forms peaks
- If the frosting is not thick enough, let sit in fridge for a bit and whip again
It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
I look forward to Christmas and when the holiday season is here, I listen to Christmas music non-stop and become nostalgic about Christmas past! As I've mentioned in previous posts, my entire immediate family will be at my parent's house on Christmas Day which means there will be a total of 8 adults and 3 kids under the age of 4 trying to share a 3 bedroom, 3 bath house May sound chaotic, but I LOVE IT!
Along with family gatherings, comes planning! I love to help my mom plan the meals and treats so my family can fully enjoy the holidays! As I prepare for my journey home next week, I begin thinking of quick treats I can make to take with me for the family to enjoy and I remember a family favorite that I wanted to share with the NutriFocus family! I'm not sure what the official name of this treat is, but my family has named this treat "Scooby Snacks".
Scooby Snacks are made in under 10 minutes, inexpensive to make, and full of holiday cheer! The best part is you can adjust the colors of the M&M's to make this versatile treat fit any holiday or party theme!! :) My family carried Scooby Snacks to the beach last year for a perfect sweet & salty combo snack and they were a hit! I just sent a large rubbermaid container full of "scooby snacks" with Mike as he went on a hunting trip with friends, and the container was brought back empty with lots of compliments.
So if you are headed to a party and/or a family gathering and you've been asked to bring a dish, put away the mixer and put together a quick batch of Scooby Snacks!!
Small Twist Pretzels
Bag of Holiday Colored M&M's
Bag of Whole Pecans (optional)
Bag of Rolo Candies
Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Place parchment paper on a large cookie sheet and place pretzels on the flat surface. Unwrap the Rolo candies and place one Rolo in the middle of each pretzel. Place pretzel & Rolo combination in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or just long enough for the Rolos to get soft, but not melt. Once the cookie sheet has been removed from the oven, place one M&M candy or 1 Pecan in the center of the Rolo and press gently until M&M/pecan is secure and Rolo has been flattened! Repeat until all pretzels are adorned with an M&M or pecan. Allow to cool then place in a decorated, holiday container!! To speed the cooling process, I recommend putting the cookie sheet in the refrigerator!