If your week looks busy, I encourage you to PLAN AHEAD!!!! Declare this the week that TIME stops being your excuse and starts being your advantage in making nutrient-dense food choices!!!
Planning proceeds production. By simply taking time to plan ahead, you can prepare nutrient dense meals with half the effort!!! Start your week by preparing Salsa Verde Chicken in a slow-cooker and be ready to feed your family in a variety of ways for the rest of the week!!!!
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN
(Recipe From SkinnyTaste )
- Organic Chicken Breast (4-8 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Depending on Size)
- 1 Jar of Your Favorite Salsa Verde or Tomato Salsa
- Cook on High for 4-Hours
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN WEEKLY MENU:
- Salsa Verde Chicken Breast served over Mexican Rice and Roasted Asparagus
- Salsa Verde Chicken Taquitos with Sriracha Cream Dipping Sauce served with Guacamole Salad
- Salsa Verde Tacos served with Refried Beans and Guacamole Salad
- Salsa Verde Chicken Salad with Roasted Cumin Sweet Potatoes
SALSA VERDE CHICKEN TAQUITOS
(Recipe Inspired by Just a Taste )
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Black Pepper
- 3 cups Salsa Verde Chicken or Rotisserie Chicken (Shredded)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mexican Blend or Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth 12 (6-inch) Corn Tortillas
Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until it's translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes until it's golden and fragrant.
Reduce the heat to low, and then add the lime juice, cumin, paprika, salt and black pepper to the pan, stirring to combine. Add the chicken, tossing to combine.
Transfer the chicken mixture to a large bowl and let it cool for 10 minutes, and then stir in the shredded cheese.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the chicken broth to a simmer. One at a time, dip each tortilla into the broth for 10 to 15 seconds, just until it's pliable enough to roll. Transfer the tortilla to your work surface and place about 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on the lower third of each tortilla. Tightly roll up the tortilla, and then place it seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the filling and rolling process with the remaining tortillas.
Bake the taquitos for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Serve with Sriracha Cream Sauce for dipping (Sriracha Sauce mixed with Low-Fat Sour Cream and Fresh Ground Black Pepper and Minced Garlic) and Guacamole Salad.