Honey Dijon Pretzel Crusted Chicken
Recipe Inspired By: Halfbaked Harvest
Honey Dijon Mustard Pretzel Crusted Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (butterflied) or chicken cutlets
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/4 cups crushed pretzel crisp
- 1/2 cup walnuts, crushed
Honey Dijon Mustard Dressing
- ½ cup Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoon Pepper
Strawberry Avocado Basil Salsa
- 2 cups fresh Strawberries, diced
- 1 Avocado, pitted + diced
- 1 small Jalapeno, seeded+ chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your baking sheet by lining with foil and spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, mustard, egg whites and seasoned salt, whisk well. Toss the chicken in the honey mustard wash and set aside. The longer you can allow it to marinate the better. In a shallow bowl, combine the crushed pretzels and walnuts.
- Remove one piece of chicken at a time from the mustard wash. Place chicken in the pretzels crumbs and then use your fingers to press the pretzels mixture onto the chicken. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken. Bake in the oven for about 20-28 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Whisk well and adjust seasoning to taste.
- For salsa, combine the strawberries, avocado, jalapeno, basil and lime juice in a bowl. Gently toss and season with salt if desired. Store in the fridge.
- Serve chicken warm with a drizzle of honey Dijon mustard dressing and garnished with strawberry salsa!