SWEET POTATO & BLACK BEAN BURRITO
Makes 8 Servings
Recipe Inspired by Oh She Glows
- 3 medium Sweet Potatoes, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- ½ Tbsp Ground Cumin
- Garlic Power
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Rice & Bean Mixture:
- 1.5 cups Uncooked Short Grain Brown Rice
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2-3 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin, or to taste
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper, or to taste
- 2, 15-oz can Black Beans, drained and rinse
- 4 Sprouted Grains Tortilla Wrap
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a large glass dish with tinfoil. Drizzle olive oil on potatoes and toss with salt, pepper, chili powder & cumin. Roast sweet potatoes for 35-40 mins. or until tender.
- Cook brown rice in 3 cups water with sea salt. Boil for 20-25 minutes or until rice has absorbed liquid.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add oil, onion, and minced garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Now add in salt and seasonings and stir well.
- Add chopped red pepper, black beans, and cooked rice and sauté for another 10 minutes on low.
- When sweet potatoes are tender remove from oven and cool slightly. Slightly mash sweet potatoes with a fork. Add 1.5 cups of the cooked potatoes to the skillet and stir well.
- Add rice & bean filling to tortilla along with desired toppings. Wrap and serve.
Leftovers can be reheated and served as topper of spinach salad, stuffed in baked potato, served as tacos, or as a base for grilled flank steak!