Tired of paying high prices for processed granola bars?
Tired of snacking on food that taste like cardboard?
Do you have a desire to feed your family foods that are whole, full of nutrients, and life giving?
This energy bar recipe is for you. It does NOT require baking. It only requires a food processor, a baking sheet, and a freezer. This energy bar has no added sugar, full of fiber, and is a good source of protein to power you through your important daily agenda! Let's be intentional about our food choices!
Join NutriFocusRD in the movement to
No Bake Date & Cranberry Energy Bars
Makes: 8 Bars
- 2 cups pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 15 minutes, then drained)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries (Can also use dried cherries, dried apricots, or dried blueberries)
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (I prefer homemade peanut butter or Whole Foods Natural Peanut Butter. No added sugars or oils, ONLY peanuts)
- ¼ cup whole raw almonds (Can also use macadamia nuts or cashews)
- ½ cup instant plain oats (gluten free if you need!)
- Soak the pitted dates in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain well.
- Place soaked dates, dried cranberries (or fruit), raw almonds, natural peanut butter, and oats in food processor and blend until combined well. My dough usually forms a ball when its blended.
- Scoop mixture into a square, 8x8 baking pan.
- Press the dough firmly into an even layer.
- Place the baking pan in the freezer for 30 – 45 minutes to allow time to set.
- Cut into 8 rectangle bars. I like to wrap each bar in parchment paper to reduce sticking and make the bars portable and easy to pack.
- Store in the freezer or fridge.